[mythtvnz] Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:26:08 BST 2016

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz> wrote:
>> On 6/09/2016, at 11:45 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> This info is little dated (dec 2015) but it comes from the Neilsen TAM system in NZ and should give you a little insight into relative rankings of programs/channels.

[I work for Schedules Direct]

Thanks, I will see where the value-add is compared to what's already
in the EPG data.

I don't think that MythTV is taking advantage of the extra data we
have though, including all the various actor / character headshots,
coverart and the like. (Unless the myth metadatagrabber  has been
updated lately)

If there are particular programs that "you" are interested in, that
are based out of the US, then let me know and I can pull our data and
"you" can let me know if what we have is better than what's currently
available.

Once US-based programs are dealt with, we can tackle GBR based
programs and see if we can get better metadata than what's available
now.