[mythtvnz] Any ideas why I would get more pixelation with Myth 0.25 than NextPVR

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:41:31 GMT 2016

On 1 Nov 2016 10:23, "Paul" <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/10/16 20:28, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have an ongoing saga with my Myth setup and HD HomeRun.
>>

>> I have two HDHRs and so trying to pin down absolutely that it is not in
some way my MythSvr I did an experiment.  I created a quick and dirty
NextPVR install on an old Windows laptop and connected it to one HDHR and
left Myth with the other HDHR.

>> Myth continued to have pretty consistent and really annoying pixelation
while the NextPVR didn’t. Today I swapped the tuners and got the same
result though this time I notice I did get some, though not nearly as much,
pixelation with the NextPVR. The two HDHRs are connected to the same
splitter, I haven’t so much as turned them off.

>> Remembering I have an old 0.25 Myth which had been working fine up till
the last few months and I have spent what I consider a reasonable amount,
approx. $300, on the TV guy.

>> Any idea why Myth should produce a file that has more pixelation. I have
tested both using VLC on my Windows machine

>> Cheers
>>

> For what it's worth,I suspect I am getting more pixellation events after
installing mythbuntu 16.04.I used to only get them in bad weather.But I
seeing them on recordings made while the weather is fine but windy.It may
be a coincidence.It's probably an aerial thing but it's not bad enough that
I be bothered finding the cause.

In my case, regular pixellation occurring every 10 minutes or so was a
symptom of missing firmware (Hauppauge HVR2210) in my case a few years ago.

A search of this list should turn up the thread.