[mythtvnz] Any ideas why I would get more pixelation with Myth 0.25 than NextPVR

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:22:18 GMT 2016

On 31/10/16 20:28, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an ongoing saga with my Myth setup and HD HomeRun.
>
> I have two HDHRs and so trying to pin down absolutely that it is not
> in some way my MythSvr I did an experiment.  I created a quick and
> dirty NextPVR install on an old Windows laptop and connected it to one
> HDHR and left Myth with the other HDHR.
>
> Myth continued to have pretty consistent and really annoying
> pixelation while the NextPVR didn’t. Today I swapped the tuners and
> got the same result though this time I notice I did get some, though
> not nearly as much, pixelation with the NextPVR. The two HDHRs are
> connected to the same splitter, I haven’t so much as turned them off.
>
> Remembering I have an old 0.25 Myth which had been working fine up
> till the last few months and I have spent what I consider a reasonable
> amount, approx. $300, on the TV guy.
>
> Any idea why Myth should produce a file that has more pixelation. I
> have tested both using VLC on my Windows machine
>
> Cheers

For what it's worth,I suspect I am getting more pixellation events after
installing mythbuntu 16.04.I used to only get them in bad weather.But I
seeing them on recordings made while the weather is fine but windy.It
may be a coincidence.It's probably an aerial thing but it's not bad
enough that I be bothered finding the cause.