[mythtvnz] Almost out of ideas - occasional pixelation only on MythTV

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 09:54:38 BST 2016

Thanks everyone for your replies they were very helpful if not humours - put
a kink in the cable to slow it down :-)

Worth noting I have two HDHRs so I don't it's the power adaptor otherwise it
would be happening to both of them.

It's in the actual recording because if I use VLC and play something
straight from the file system, ignoring Myth, I still get pixelation.

It was interesting that no-one really suggested any server or Myth software
related possibilities. I struggled to think of any computer
hardware/networking issues that might cause this problem but not cause other
obvious problems. For example I don't really think it is a HDD problem or my
server would be unreliable.

I had thought of too much signal and may go down that path.

If anyone has experience with the PA or PA2 aerials I would be interested in
their experiences too

Cheers and thanks again