[mythtvnz] Bravo + DUKE

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 6 12:35:19 BST 2016

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 23:09:29 +1300, you wrote:

>On 06/10/16 22:22, Scott Newton wrote:
>> Also noticed that there is no data for Duke for today following. That is more
>> of a concern as there are some programs on Duke I do record.
>I have no data for TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2 plus 1 from Sunday 11:30 pm
>
>and TVNZ 1 plus 1 from 11:30 am Tuesday
>
>or Duke from 11:15 pm Sunday
>
>(And in defence of Duke they had extensive coverage of the paralympics
>which I loved.)

I am guessing that this will have been caused by the EPG being updated
to the new names for those channels.  If so, then the +1 channels
should have the same problem - I have not checked to see if that is
so.

I can see in today's mhegepgsnoop run on my MythTV box that the new
names are now present there, and the old names are gone.  On the day
the name change happened, only the old names were there, and in
yesterday's log I can see both names there for some TVNZ channels.  So
it looks like TVNZ had queued up MHEG5 EPG data for this week as usual
before the name change, but forgot to flush all the data already
loaded under the old names and force it to reload under the new names.
As new data has been queued up each day, it has been under the new
names.  Today, all the old data has run out, or they found the problem
and fixed it.  So the script that is collecting the MHEG5 EPG data to
create the downloads needs to be updated to use the new names.  I have
adjusted my mhegpgsnoop channel map file accordingly.  This is for
Wharite - there are some different channels in other regions:

Fashion TV New Zealand	fashiontv.freeviewnz.tv
Firstlight	firstlight.freeviewnz.tv
ChoiceTV	choice.freeviewnz.tv
Al Jazeera	aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
ChineseTV8	chinese-tv8.freeviewnz.tv
BaseFM	basefm.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo	bravo.freeviewnz.tv
PRIME	prime.freeviewnz.tv
YesShop	yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv
Te Reo	te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
TV3 Plus 1	tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
TV33	tv33.freeviewnz.tv
HGTV	hgtv.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ DUKE	duke.freeviewnz.tv
TV29	tv29.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ National	rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
RadioNZ Concert	rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
Parliament TV	parliament.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2	tv2.freeviewnz.tv
TV3	tv3.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2 +1	tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 1 +1	tv1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
The Edge TV	edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 1	tv1.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo Plus 1	bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
The Shopping Channel	shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Hope Channel	hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Ma?ori Television	maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
Apna Television	apna.freeviewnz.tv
Shine TV	shine.freeviewnz.tv
TVSN	tvsn-shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv

Note that I had to start using a manual channel map with mhegepgsnoop
after Fashion TV came along, as it was fuzzy matching to Shine TV
before Shine TV was matched, so neither of those channels got the
right EPG.  I think it would be a useful option for mhegepgsnoop to be
able to use the channel map file to do manual matches for problematic
channels, then to go on and do fuzzy matches on the rest.  At the
moment, once you specify a channel map file, no fuzzy matching is done
and all the channels need to be manually put in the channel map file.