[mythtvnz] Any ideas why I would get more pixelation with Myth 0.25 than NextPVR

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Nov 2 01:09:02 GMT 2016

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 08:58:40 +1300, you wrote:

>On 01/11/16 15:06, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> The first thing I would recommend doing is turning on a higher level
>> of logging of recordings in mythbackend by adding the "-v record"
>> option to its command line.  In Mythbuntu 16.04, you do that by
>> creating a /etc/mythtv/additional.args file containing this:
>
>That is good advice.
>
>But make sure you have looked at the existing and extensive logs first.
>The answer may be there without adding even more logging.
>
>I did not know that logging could be made even more verbose, that is
>interesting

There are lots of options for more verbose logging in all the MythTV
programs.  Use the "-v help" option to find out about them.  And the
logging level can also be changed with the "--loglevel" option - it
defaults to "info", but can be increased to "debug" or decreased all
the way to "critical".

You can also use the "--setverbose" and "--setloglevel" options on a
second copy of mythbackend to alter the verbosity and loglevel of the
current running mythbackend.