[mythtvnz] Recommendations for a new DVB-T tuner? (Not HDHR)

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon May 30 01:01:50 BST 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM, David Moore <dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Elgato diversity looks interesting and can be bought for a reasonable
> price but not sure if it is supported in Linux and/or if the diversity
> function is supported.

That's one of the models I used to use. Works out of the box on Linux; it
just shows up as two separate tuners. As dual tuners they work fine as long
as you have moderate-good signal strength.

The diversity stuff is some kind of magical fairy-dust that only works with
the Elgato proprietary software.

More here: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Elgato_EyeTV_diversity