[mythtvnz] WAF

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Thu May 5 00:44:01 BST 2016

In case it is helpful to others........here are the hiccups with my MythTV
project

Because I am self taught (with help from CLUG and Google), I ended up with
projects within a project.

Backend installation was relatively easy, especially with help from my
friend and neighbour Nick Rout.

*Gotchas I found with backend:-*

   - Don't add the IPv6 address.

Changing the auto generated password for user mythtv has to be done in

   - mysql
   - /etc/mythtv/config.XML
   - /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf
   - and in the frontend setup

*Problems with grabber:-*

tv_grab_nz-py --configure --config-file ~/.mythtv/<video sources name>.xmltv
did not work (apparent there are currently known issues at the moment)

I copied and edited Nicks Freeview.xmltv to
/home/robert/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

Because I put in in the wrong place manual mythfilldatabase worked
but the auto updates did not. A symlink fixed that.

*Frontends:-*

I use KODI on 2 x Amazon FireTVs, a Google Nexus Player and now with
LibreELEC on an Intel NUC

The older FireTv and Nexus Player seem problematic when FF or Rewinding.
The latest model FireTV is OK
The NUC is fantastic

*Harmony Remote for LibreELEC:-*
Simple in the end and documented elsewhere.