[mythtvnz] WAF

Robert Fisher robert at fisher.net.nz
Mon Mar 7 21:41:40 GMT 2016

I did have a MythTV setup several years ago but the WAF was not very high
so when the Gentoo update broke it she went and bought a TiVo which she has
been very happy with.

Last night I connected three devices to my neighbour's MythTV using Kodi
and after having a play I believe that the usability would be OK for SWMBO.

As we have recently cancelled SkyTV and my son is also considering it, I
may start building two MythTV systems but I wanted to ask here about the
WAF.

Assuming that I buy recommended hardware and install recommended software,
could I expect MythTV to perform as well as TiVo? (Software updates,
channel changes and EPG updates without problems?)

--
Robert Fisher