[mythtvnz] MythTV problems after moving house & installing new Frontend/Backend server

Chris Macneill cmacneill at zelan.co.nz
Wed Jul 20 00:08:44 BST 2016

EDID problem solved, but none of the options to extract EDID data in
Kodi Wiki actually seem to work in Mythbuntu. In the end I extracted
EDID data using nvidia-settings utility. Extract EDID button is in
bottom right corner, so if using VNC it's easy to miss that it's there.
After extracting EDID binary data, the information in Kodi Wiki for
modifying xorg.conf works OK.

On 20/07/2016 09:40, Paulgir wrote:

> Problem 2 sounds like what my system did if I started myth before the
> TV (Panasonic) was running.Myth could not get EDID from the TV when it
> was off.I fixed it using this
> Howto:http://kodi.wiki/view/Creating_and_using_edid.bin_via_xorg.conf

Regards

Chris Macneill