[mythtvnz] Doubled up recordings

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jan 5 02:55:15 GMT 2016

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:54:23 +1300, you wrote:

>I have been getting both TV3 and TV3plus1 copies of Hannibal, tv4 and
>TV4plus1 copies of Bob's Butgers among others.
>
>But quite a few recordings are not doubling up.
>
>Has anybody else seen this?

I normally set up my recordings as "this channel", so I do not see
problems like that.  The usual cause is that the EPG has different
programid data, or if there is not a programid, then the subtitle
and/or description data is different.  Use the I command twice on a
programme or recording to see the full data.  If there is a "Programme
ID" shown, then that is what is used to decided to record or not - it
will only record if the programid is different.  Otherwise, it will be
using the subtitle and/or description data to decide, as set in the
recording rule.