[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Aug 13 03:33:22 BST 2016

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 09:51:21 +1200, you wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:18:09 +1200, Stephen Worthington
><stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>> I am sure we can work it out - I will fire up my 16.04 test box and
>>> see how it works.
>>
>> I have done some experimenting on my test box now, and I have some
>> config files that should work to make systemd wait for the HVR-2200
>> tuners before starting mythbackend.
>>
>> First, you need to tie down the tuner numbers so that the HVR-2200
>> tuners are always /dev/dvb/adapter0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1.  Create
>> this file (the name does not matter, but the .conf does):
>>
>> /etc/modprobe.d/options-dvb.conf
>>
>> and put these two lines in it:
>>
>> #Set adapter numbers for Hauppauge HVR-2200 dual tuner (DVB-T tuners
>> only).
>> options saa7164 adapter_nr=0,1
>>
>> Then add the new systemd "drop-in" override file.  First create a new
>> directory:
>>
>> sudo mkdir /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service.d
>>
>> Then in that directory, create a new file mythtv-backend-override.conf
>> (again, the name does not matter but the .conf does).  In that file,
>> put the following five lines:
>>
>> [Unit]
>> Wants=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
>> Wants=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
>> After=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
>> After=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
>>
>> That causes systemd to wait until /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and
>> /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 both exist before starting mythbackend. If
>> either device does not exist, systemd will eventually timeout waiting
>> for the devices to appear and then start mythbackend anyway, but the
>> timeout is quite long.  I am just guessing, but it seemed like about
>> 60 seconds.
>>

>Ok, that seems to work well.I have rebooted a few times and can tune live
>tv now.
>Thanks for doing the tests on those mods.I had to call the file in
>mythtv-backend.service.d mythtv_backend_override.conf as I could not save
>the file with dashes in the file name.

That will just be a limitation of the program you used to edit the
file - dashes are valid in Linux file names, but not all software
understands that.

>I will add the HDHR tuners now and see if they still have problems.
>Then look to see why my xmltv script isn't populating the guide.I am
>getting
>"Unknown xmltv channel identifier: tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping
>channel." for all channels but it was working before.

Do you have the <source name>.xmltv file in /home/<mythtv
user>/.mythtv?  If you do not have a "channel" line in the .xmltv file
for a channel, that is the error message you get.  This is what I have
in my /home/stephen/.mythtv/FreeviewHD.xmltv file:

channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
channel=bravo.freeviewnz.tv
channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=duke.freeviewnz.tv
channel=edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
channel=choice.freeviewnz.tv
channel=hgtv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv
channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
channel=hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
channel=fashiontv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
channel=te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
channel!shine.freeviewnz.tv
channel=firstlight.freeviewnz.tv
channel=sommet-sports.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvsn-shopping-channel.freeviewnz.tv
channel=chinese-tv8.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv33.freeviewnz.tv
channel=yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv
channel=apna.freeviewnz.tv