[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:51:21 BST 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:18:09 +1200, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:25:25 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>> Modifying Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration looks daunting.
>>
>> I am sure we can work it out - I will fire up my 16.04 test box and
>> see how it works.
>
> I have done some experimenting on my test box now, and I have some
> config files that should work to make systemd wait for the HVR-2200
> tuners before starting mythbackend.
>
> First, you need to tie down the tuner numbers so that the HVR-2200
> tuners are always /dev/dvb/adapter0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1.  Create
> this file (the name does not matter, but the .conf does):
>
> /etc/modprobe.d/options-dvb.conf
>
> and put these two lines in it:
>
> #Set adapter numbers for Hauppauge HVR-2200 dual tuner (DVB-T tuners
> only).
> options saa7164 adapter_nr=0,1
>
> Then add the new systemd "drop-in" override file.  First create a new
> directory:
>
> sudo mkdir /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service.d
>
> Then in that directory, create a new file mythtv-backend-override.conf
> (again, the name does not matter but the .conf does).  In that file,
> put the following five lines:
>
> [Unit]
> Wants=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
> Wants=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
> After=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
> After=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
>
> That causes systemd to wait until /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 both exist before starting mythbackend. If
> either device does not exist, systemd will eventually timeout waiting
> for the devices to appear and then start mythbackend anyway, but the
> timeout is quite long.  I am just guessing, but it seemed like about
> 60 seconds.

Ok, that seems to work well.I have rebooted a few times and can tune live
tv now.
Thanks for doing the tests on those mods.I had to call the file in
mythtv-backend.service.d mythtv_backend_override.conf as I could not save
the file with dashes in the file name.

I will add the HDHR tuners now and see if they still have problems.
Then look to see why my xmltv script isn't populating the guide.I am
getting
"Unknown xmltv channel identifier: tv2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv - Skipping
channel." for all channels but it was working before.

Cheers