[mythtvnz] [SOLVED] Re: In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1

Scott Newton scottn at quantumchaos451.co.nz
Thu Aug 4 05:28:05 BST 2016

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 4:22:15 PM NZST Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Check your settings for repositories in /etc/apt and
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d.  You may have an line in one of the .list
> files that has a trusty repository and has not been commented out as
> is should have been.  Mythbuntu Control Centre seems to have a problem
> with finding all the old repository lines and can miss one.  I have
> always found it best to manually check all the .list files after
> changing MythTV versions and upgrading Ubuntu versions as I have often
> found old repositories still enabled.  If you do find an old one still
> enabled, comment it out then run "apt update" and "apt-get
> dist-upgrade" or "apt full-upgrade" to fix any residual problems.

I did. With a fine tooth comb. Nothing was referencing trusty. Removed all the
.save files as well. Even removed all the repo lists in /var/lib/apt/lists so
that I got completely new ones. Still said mythtv required libtag1a2c.

All sorted now but still can't explain what happened.

--
Regards
Scott Newton