[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 01:24:30 BST 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 21:02:01 +1200, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 15:59:15 +1200, you wrote:
>

>> I started on this again this morning but was interrupted by a 5 hour
>> powercut.
>> First I changed tuning timeout from 3000 to 10000 as suggested and then
>> created the additional.args file.
>> I selected a program in the guide and chose the "watch" option and the
>> tuner worked perfectly.
>> Then I selected "record" and that works too.I did this several times and
>> it seems ok now.It was using the tuner card not the HDHR.
>> I wonder if the tuning timeout was responsible for this.
>> I will do some more testing over the next few days.I have a copy of
>> mythbackend.log on google drive,the link below should allow you toaccess
>> it.
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5RRWPLTmilhVHdKN29obmpBWUU
>>
>> There may be messages relating to the recordings database due to
>> switching
>> the drive between the 2 OS versions.
>
> That all seems fine - a normal LiveTV session. So I am wondering if
> your original problem may have been caused by a bad chanid as the
> DefaultChanid setting. That is the channel that is tuned when you go
> to Watch TV from the main menu. If you do not use Live TV much, you
> can have a problem where the channel that was last watched has
> disappeared from the database since then, due to the usual churn of
> channels. MythTV does not check for that and just tries to tune
> whatever channel is in the DefaultChanid setting. And on deleting a
> channel, it does not check DefaultChanid to see if it is set to the
> deleted channel. Going to Live TV by selecting a channel from the
> Guide gets around the bad DefaultChanid problem, if it exists.
>
>> One more question you may be able to answer: When I boot the system Iget
>> mythbackend settings utility starting (every time) what do I do to stop
>> this?
>
> This is likely the fix:
>
> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2329744
>
> But there may be an underlying problem as I thought that Mythbuntu was
> supposed to remove that autostart entry automatically when the
> configuration was updated and mythbackend was able to be started. I
> have never found any script that would do that though.
>
>> I got more familiar with navigating mysql too :)
>>
>> Thanks for the help.

The tuner problem is intermittent.Today it's back.I can't see the cause in
the logs.
Here's a link to a new mythbackend log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5RRWPLTmilhZ2lzSHFUZjdsSUk
At 10:33 I selected a channel to watch live from the guide.
At 10:34 I selected to record that channel
PS  The tip from the forum thread corrected the settings utility start
issue.