[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:58:55 BST 2016

Also, I have a bug in 12.04 that won't let me switch sources in live TV
(HDHR or PCIe card tuners).The system locks up.
So what I did to check if the Card tuner wasn't half dead was to reduce
the number of tuners per device to 1 and record 4 programs from the 3
MUXs.The tuners did all 4 successfully. Therefore I assume the 2 tuners in
the card are ok as are the 2 in the HDHR.
Is my logic correct?

>> Won't setting the number of tuners (virtual) to 1 force the use of 4
>> hardware tuners to tune 4 programmes?
>
> Sorry i missed that part. Yes that is right. However to check which
> tuner was used, check the log.

Quick question: in Backend Setup > Input Connections > Interactions
Between Inputs,should I create a new input group for each tuner or leave
it as Generic?
I am using only Freeview

Cheers