[mythtvnz] New install setup - recording problem

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:23:28 BST 2016

> Since the HDHR tuners are not working, with all the order settings at
> 1 MythTV is likely choosing to use a non-working HDHR tuner at least
> 50% of the time for LiveTV, and possibly all the time as it may be
> choosing by lowest cardid number, which seems to be an HDHR.  So to
> get the two internal tuners working, I would recommend setting them as
> 1 and 2 in both schedorder and livetvorder, with the HDHRs set as 3
> and 4.  Once they are all working, you can consider how you really
> want to order them.  Some people prefer to have the livetvorder order
> the opposite of the schedorder.  I have them set up the same.  They
> are set up in mythtv-setup => Input Connections on the second page for
> each tuner in the "Schedule order:" and "Live TV order:" fields.
>
> Doing that should be sufficient to get you going on 16.04 with two
> working tuners.  Getting the HDHRs working would seem likely to be
> some networking problem.  I have never used one myself, so I am not
> the best person to help with that, but I do have a lot of networking
> experience.  How are the HDHRs connected?  Are they on a separate
> Ethernet card on the MythTV box, or are they just on your main
> network?  Does the hdhomerun_config discover command see them?  Does
> the 16.04 setup see an Internet connection (ie is its networking
> working)?  Does it use DHCP or have a static address?  Is there a
> firewall installed?
>
> Mythwelcome is another thing I have never used.  I did run across
> where it is started from in 16.04, which seems to be the file
> /etc/mythtv/session-settings.  You need to uncomment the
> MYTHWELCOME=true line in there.  Is that how you are running it?  It
> may have changed since 12.04.

I there was a problem with the network connection to the HDHR,surely the
capture card setup tool would fail to scan and detect channels?
Likewise the card tuners.That tool seems to work fine.
Likewise the HDHR configure tool and MeTV would not work.
I changed the schedorder and livetvorder but that made no improvement.I
delected all tuners and set up just one and that did not work.