[mythtvnz] Version 28.0

skooobie doo skooobie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:36:54 BST 2016

I see MythTV is now advanced to 0.28 a few weeks ago. On my play system I
installed to check it all out and see how the new web enabled frontend
looked.

Disappointingly they still have not moved from upstart to systemd. I wrote
a little script to start with systemd (using systemctl commands) on Ubuntu
15.10 but the new 16.04 is a horrible experience so far. While a lot of it
is functional there are many details missing and I'm hoping for MythTV that
16.04 LTS improves soon.

Anyways, thought I would ask if anyone else has tried to get 0.28
operational on 16.04 and what your initial impressions are.

Karl
shoelace.altervista.org