[mythtvnz] Problems with backend and mythweb after upgrading to Ubuntu 15.04

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Fri Oct 30 02:18:17 GMT 2015

Mark Kendall wrote:
>> I really do have to wonder why anyone on a myth backend machine would
>> move from an LTS version of ubuntu to a non LTS version.

> Some people want to tutu, some people want to be bleeding edge. In my case
> I’m a software engineer whose server is also my primary server and desktop

You need a separate mythbox.   Or you need a separate dev box.... same
effect.

My backend does only two things - both of which are fire and forget.
 * Myth backend functions
 * backuppc

My desktop does all the hard work of testing things, and my general
purpose server does mail and disk shares and web serving etc.

Separation is a good thing, increases SOAF and CAF etc. (that's  new PC
version of WAF :)

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/