[mythtvnz] Problems with backend and mythweb after upgrading to Ubuntu 15.04

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Fri Oct 30 00:38:08 GMT 2015

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Mark <markk at kc.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> I upgraded my Mythbuntu install from 14.04 to 15.04 yesterday and have
>> run into a couple of problems that might interest people.
>>

> I really do have to wonder why anyone on a myth backend machine would move
> from an LTS version of ubuntu to a non LTS version.

snipped

Some people want to tutu, some people want to be bleeding edge. In my case
I’m a software engineer whose server is also my primary server and desktop
(if we ever complete renovations that will be split out, I even have the
box for it...) and at times I want certain software upgraded and it’s a
trade off between how it can be done (eg manually download and upgrade one
or multiple packages or do a distribution update if manual install is more
problematic).  Sometimes even staying on a LTS version you can encounter
problems, as I encountered with libcec1 on my myth frontend the other day
although generally this is rare :-)

Hopefully my last remaining mythtv problem, an issue with mythweb has been
solved.  The Directory value in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf
was slightly different to what it previously was, <Directory
"/var/www/html/mythweb/" > versus <Directory "/var/www/mythweb/" >.  The
sympton was interesting, logging in on the local network I saw php script
contents and logging in from an external network I saw the correct mythweb
page, adding or removing '/html' swapped around how it worked.
I took a guess that adding an alias might get it working and my
mythweb.conf now contains an alias line before the directory line.

Alias /mythweb/ "/var/www/html/mythweb/"
    <Directory "/var/www/html/mythweb/" >