[mythtvnz] Problems with backend and mythweb after upgrading to Ubuntu 15.04

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Oct 25 22:01:36 GMT 2015

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:41:07 +1300, you wrote:

>I upgraded my Mythbuntu install from 14.04 to 15.04 yesterday and have
>run into a couple of problems that might interest people.
>
>1) Due to the change to systemd Mythtv doesn't auto start after boot.
>  I'm currently manually starting it using sudo systemctl start
>mythtv-backend
>
>2) Mythweb failed with an unhelpful error in the log  'PHP Fatal error:
>Call to a member function query_col' which is usually related to having
>an incorrect password configured.  In this case though it seems to be
>caused by too low a php memory_limit set
>in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf
>
>I changed the old default from 32M to the new default of 64M and it now
>works.  The configuration line now reads as
>
>          php_value memory_limit                  64M
>
>Regards
>Mark

I just checked my php_value memory_limit and it was already set to
64M.  But the timestamp on the mythweb.conf file was today at the
right time for when I did an apt-get update, so I think the 14.04
0.27-fixes repo already has this fix.  Maybe the 15.04 0.27-fixes repo
will also have a fix for your systemd problem.