[mythtvnz] Python error in mhegepgsnoop

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 23 08:48:10 BST 2015

On 22/05/15 23:00, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Hi Robin, been a long time since I've looked at the code but I'll try
>> and figure it out for you. First the error
>>
>> AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'clean_titles2'
>>
>> is a strange one which might be something to do with Python versions.
>> What version of Python are you running?
>>
>> The tuning problem seems to be due to a non-integer value for (possibly)
>> the frequency or inversion parameters stored in the mythtv database. I
>> wouldn't have thought the frequency would ever be anything but a number
>> but maybe a letter is a valid value for the inversion parameter. Can you
>> execute the following query in mysql and show me what is returned?
>>
>> select channum, frequency, inversion from channel join dtv_multiplex on
>> channel.mplexid=dtv_multiplex.mplexid where channum=33;
> I'm running the new stable Debian Jessie.
>
> $ python --version
> Python 2.7.9
>
> I thought the channel number was the NZ standard UHF channel -> frequency,
> not the numeric label I had given it for a particular program. That won't
> work for me as I use the same channel numbers for DVB-S as well as DVB-T
> and then set the UHF high def channels at a higher priority.
>
> +---------+-----------+-----------+
> | channum | frequency | inversion |
> +---------+-----------+-----------+
> | 1       |  12483000 | a         |
> | 1       | 578000000 | a         |
> +---------+-----------+-----------+
>
> It all seems to work OK when the backend is running, even when nothing is
> being recorded, I don't need the tuning parameter. Something about opening
> the TBS6281 maybe?
>
> Appreciate your looking at it anyway...

Well it was such a crap weather day today I decided to rip into it. I
have uploaded version 0.6.1 to sourceforge. I believe I have fixed the
bugs with cleaning titles and tuning but I have not done a lot of
testing. I also added a '-T' option as an alternative to the '-t' tuning
option. Use '-T <chanid>' to tune to a channel id instead of channel
number. For example '-T 1003' would tune my system to channel 3 (TV3).
Hope this works for you.