[mythtvnz] Python error in mhegepgsnoop

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri May 22 12:00:40 BST 2015

> Hi Robin, been a long time since I've looked at the code but I'll try
> and figure it out for you. First the error
>
> AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'clean_titles2'
>
> is a strange one which might be something to do with Python versions.
> What version of Python are you running?
>
> The tuning problem seems to be due to a non-integer value for (possibly)
> the frequency or inversion parameters stored in the mythtv database. I
> wouldn't have thought the frequency would ever be anything but a number
> but maybe a letter is a valid value for the inversion parameter. Can you
> execute the following query in mysql and show me what is returned?
>
> select channum, frequency, inversion from channel join dtv_multiplex on
> channel.mplexid=dtv_multiplex.mplexid where channum=33;

I'm running the new stable Debian Jessie.

$ python --version
Python 2.7.9

I thought the channel number was the NZ standard UHF channel -> frequency,
not the numeric label I had given it for a particular program. That won't
work for me as I use the same channel numbers for DVB-S as well as DVB-T
and then set the UHF high def channels at a higher priority.

+---------+-----------+-----------+
| channum | frequency | inversion |
| 1       |  12483000 | a         |
| 1       | 578000000 | a         |

It all seems to work OK when the backend is running, even when nothing is
being recorded, I don't need the tuning parameter. Something about opening
the TBS6281 maybe?

Appreciate your looking at it anyway...

--
Robin Gilks