[mythtvnz] Python error in mhegepgsnoop

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 22 09:22:33 BST 2015

On 21/05/15 23:34, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Tried updating to 0.6.0 from 0.5.1 and get another error (as well as not
>> tuning).
>>

>> Building XML file: /tmp/list-xxx
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.6.0.py", line 1594, in <module>
>>      main()
>>    File "/usr/local/bin/mhegepgsnoop-0.6.0.py", line 795, in main
>>      elif options.clean_titles2:
>> AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'clean_titles2'
> Solved one problem - the above error goes away if I use the '-c' clear
> titles option with an empty (default) string on 0.6.0.
>
> With no backend running to tune the card I still need to run something
> like dvbtune in monitor mode to keep the card open?
>
> Something like "dvbtune -f 562000000 -c 0 -m"

Hi Robin, been a long time since I've looked at the code but I'll try
and figure it out for you. First the error

AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'clean_titles2'

is a strange one which might be something to do with Python versions.
What version of Python are you running?

The tuning problem seems to be due to a non-integer value for (possibly)
the frequency or inversion parameters stored in the mythtv database. I
wouldn't have thought the frequency would ever be anything but a number
but maybe a letter is a valid value for the inversion parameter. Can you
execute the following query in mysql and show me what is returned?

select channum, frequency, inversion from channel join dtv_multiplex on
channel.mplexid=dtv_multiplex.mplexid where channum=33;

David