[mythtvnz] Commercials flagging issues

Liviu Dunaev liviu.dunaev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 01:34:03 GMT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MythTV and to be honest I am still to decide if I am going to stick with it.
At the moment I am playing with a MythTV backend connected to one HDHomerun.
I have a couple of issues, but let me start with the commercials flagging one.

I been doing some recording of different TV programs and I can’t see the commercials being flagged/removed.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I can see on the MythWeb on the job Queue that there was a job run successful for Flag Commercials.
For some of the shows there is 0 commercials found, for some I get 1 or 2.
But when I am playing the shows (including the ones that have commercials marked) I can still see the commercials in the recording.

A few details about my configuration:
BE: MythTV 0.27.4 (I believe the latest stable one released) running on Ubuntu 14.04.
FE: Both MythTV and XBMC running on Ubuntu 14.04.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Please let me know what details of MythTV configuration you would like me to provide as well.

Best Regards,
Liviu