[mythtvnz] High quality cables

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Fri Feb 13 01:29:08 GMT 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:16:17 Steve Holdoway wrote:
> I'd just keep the lengths as short as possible. Given the local climate,
> I expect the backend will survive just fine in the roofspace.

I'm only planning to put the cable in the roof space. I'm too paranoid to put
the machines up there in case they burst into flames.

It is weird. Long run of cable to wall socket + 10m cable = good signal

Same 10m cable connected directly to the antenna cable splitter = bad signal.

> You will need one of these to get the best out of your system...

Oh - I've got plenty of *those*. I've got to save on the $1/m antenna cable to
pay for them.