[mythtvnz] epg help new box

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Feb 7 00:49:49 GMT 2015

On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 12:13:39 +1300, you wrote:

>>>Hi Guys
>>>I need some help please, my linux knowledge and all my myth knowledge
>>>is google based and lurking on this forum for years.
>>>  I have a dual core 2.6 running box 4 gig of ram
>>>  nova 550t tuner and gt 220 vid card
>>>  new drive are 120g solid state and I have a 2 t wd black.
>>>  I have not configured the wd on to the system yet and that will be
>>>another challenge
>>>  I have been meaning to upgrade my box for a while. It was running
>>>version 0.24 And now I need to as it has died I had a partially
>>>installed version of Ubuntu 12 on the 120g So I upgraded to 14.04 Did
>>>channel scan and have channels work and had a 2 hr epg as it was
>>>looking at EIT data
>>>  Changed it from a localhost to its ip on the network and upgraded
>>>the other front end.
>>>  And then copied the script I have attached below and I am stuck on
>>>why this does not work,
>>>  Also now I am not getting any epg data now
>>>

>>>#! /bin/bash
>>>wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>>>gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>>>mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual
>>>
>>>  I realize the has to be changed to --update once I have run this once
>>>and I may have to remove the freeview file

>>You have the mythfilldatabase command options wrong.  The builtin help does
>not make the correct syntax at all clear.  I believe this is what you need
>now:
>>
>>  mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --manual
>>
>>See:
>>
>>  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase
>>

>Not sure if its any help but the following blog post explains how I did it:
>
>http://www.zoyinc.com/?p=1843

One more step I would recommend - change the mythfilldatabase options
setting from empty to "--only-update-guide".  Otherwise you can get
channels in the guide which are not available in your area getting
installed automatically.  Unfortunately, at the moment I can not find
where in the GUI you go to set that option (or even if it is set from
mythtv-setup or mythfrontend).