[mythtvnz] Disk management

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 23:47:06 GMT 2015

tl;dr I want to control the settings that myth uses to delete
recordings.  I want to leave me more free disc.

I am fighting off the day I ditch my NFS system and spend yet more money
on a box where the disks are connected via 6G/s SATA3.

I have noticed that of the 1TB of disc about 99% is used, and at 5G/hour
this is not much.  Currently I have about a 2/3 chance of completing an
hour long SD recording and some where between zero and SFA chance of a
HD recording.  But back when I started out, with empty discs, everything
was humming.

There are plenty of recordings ready to be deleted.  I have seen options
that control how and when recordings are deleted, I would like to tell
the system to keep at least 20G so I have an hour of 4 HD recordings
available but I cannot find those settings.

So this is almost my last role of the dice to make this work and save
the $400 or so it will cost me to rebuild...

Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804