[mythtvnz] Network not starting?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Sep 22 02:14:38 BST 2014

NB Order changed to a bottom post....
 > On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings all
>>
>> I decided to go for the X-26Y Celeron box and have a Mythbuntu-14.04
>> frontend only installed and running OK most of the time!!
>>
>> I power the box down overnight and when I next start it up it looks like
>> the network isn't starting because I get the language dialog displayed.
>>
>> If I soft-stop using the power button and then immediately start it up
>> again, everything works fine.
>>
>> Is this a scenario familiar to anyone? Not sure yet whether its the
>> network not starting at all (I can't ssh in whilst the language dialog is
>> up) or its just that the frontend starts before the network.

On 22/09/2014 11:31 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:> It is almost certainly the
front end starting before the network.

 > There is mythfrontend script in mythbuntu that starts
 > mythfrontend.real (ie the binary usuallly called mythfrontend). You
 > can put a delay in there, although watch over writing during updates.
 >
 > Personally I just escape out of the language box and mythfrontend
 > stops and restarts itself, by then the network is up.

If he can't ssh in suggests its not just myth starting too early because
if that were the case he should still be able to ssh in?

When its happening I'd perhaps try Ctrl+F4 for a clean desktop and see
what you can do outwards on the box, like ping or something?