[mythtvnz] EPG a possible alternative

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 04:07:44 BST 2014

On 23 October 2014 at 3:56:00 pm, Stephen Worthington (stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz) wrote:

Bittorrent protocol is *not* anonymous. The IP addresses of anyone
connected via Bittorrent are easy to see in your Bittorrent software,
unless you also use an anonymising service such as a torrent proxy or
an anonymising VPN connection. However, Bittorrent Sync encrypts the
data, so only people with the encryption key can see what data is
being shared. I believe it would be possible for anyone to join a
torrent and get a copy of the data being shared, but that copy would
be useless without the key and they would not know what data they had.
But all it would take would be for one person to give away the key,
and then any copies of the data would be able to be decrypted.
Somehow, I do not think the key would remain secret forever.
There are Private Trackers for doing such things as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker#Private_trackers