[mythtvnz] imported EPG out by an hour

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:59:01 BST 2014

On 22/10/14 22:00, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm new to the list.
>
> I have mythtv running on a ubuntu 12.04 box. I use
> http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz to get my epg data.
>
> I noticed tonight that one of my recordings was happening at the wrong
> time. A closer inspection showed that epg data was off by an hour.
>
> The time in the freeview.xml file seems fine. For example offspring
> tonight on tv shows a start time of 20141022230500 +1300 which is
> correct however importing the file gives the data in my program guide
> thinking its on at 10:05 instead of 11:05 as per the xml.
>
> My server is showing the correct current time, and I notice that as we
> get close to the show airing the time updates to the correct time
> which I assume is because it gets the over the air guide.
>
> What could be causing my data to import one hour wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Having inspected my archives for freeview.xml and mheg data I can only
confirm that the data has been correct all week.

As Offspring wad dhown at 22:05 on TVOne and 23:05 on TVOne+1
I am tempted to think that you confused TVOne and TVOne+1 entries in the
data and hence arrived at your conclusion.

An alternative possibility is that your back-end time is not configured
optimally.

This link discusses how to set your time to suit several system
configurations.
	http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TimePrecision-HOWTO/set.html

Regards

Tony Sauri