[mythtvnz] epgsnoop/xmltv-proc-nz/tv_grab_nz-py

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Oct 14 01:40:47 BST 2014

On 14/10/14 10:15, Tony Sauri wrote:
> Afterthought:  Hads original idea to Crowd-Source the coding of
> categories etc was inventive and I participated for a while but soon
> found that different people categorise things differently (eg One
> persons drama is another persons soap) and people were stomping over
> each other so it became impossible to set up the schedule your way and
> keep it that way.

Thanks Tony, you were one I was thinking of when I said one or two
people were adding content.

Good point about the differing categorisations, often it's not clear
where something should be. I think the solution to that is multiple
levels of processing. Grab the crowd-sourced data initially and then
overwrite that with local preferences, you then get the benefit without
the drawback.

Easy to implement too if you just use a JSON feed for the webservice and
a local file in the same format for the overrides.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz