[mythtvnz] epgsnoop/xmltv-proc-nz/tv_grab_nz-py

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 13 22:39:07 BST 2014

On 14/10/14 00:31, Aaron Pelly wrote:
> On 07/07/14 11:14, Aaron Pelly wrote:
>> There are also a couple of things I'd like to tweak.
> TL;DR If you want/know/care you can give advice about NZ EPG data
> enhancement.

> xmltv grabber / mythfilldatabase advice:
> Will mythfilldatabase run automatically during a recording?
> Preliminary testing indicates that mhegepgsnoop trashes an in-progress
> recording, but that could be a coincidence. More testing is required.

I run a script every hour which runs mhegepgsnoop then mythfilldatabase
(if mhegepegsnoop finds any EPG updates). I don't think I've ever seen
any recording glitches due to this and at least once every day
mhegepgsnoop is reading from the same tuner that is recording a show.
Maybe something to do with hardware or virtual tuners or myth config is
causing your problem? I have an HVR2200.
> xmltv grabber / mhegepgsnoop advice:
> There's a chicken and egg thing going on with channel configuration
> here: mhegepgsnoop cunningly looks in mythconverg/channel for
> configured channels, but xmltv expects you to choose your channels
> then myth seems to insert them in the channel table for you, if it can.
Not sure what you mean here. I don't think mythfilldatabase adds
channels unless maybe you can tell it to? Is there a mythfilldatabase
option for that? My experience is that I need to manually add new
channels. I usually scan in mythtv and then carefully add any new
channels using the manual options in scan so I don't trash my existing
channel configs.