[mythtvnz] [SOLVED] Youtube et al audio through HDMI

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:50:38 BST 2014

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:22:00 +1300, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

>> STILL no flash output though :(
>
> 30 seconds after sending this last email, another reboot and its working.
>
> I guess the last change to the .asoundrc did it after all but forcing an
> alsa reload didn't get everything lined up!!

I have been following this discussion with interest,as I have not been
able to get desktop audio working on my system.Sound test works with
device 3 but no asound.rc variation I have yet tried,has worked to enable
sound in flash.

So Robin, you are now using:

pcm.analog {
         type hw
         card 0
         device 0 }

pcm.hdmi0 {
         type hw
         card 0
         device 3 }

pcm.hdmi1 {
         type hw
         card 0
         device 7 }

pcm.hdmi2 {
         type hw
         card 0
         device 8 }

pcm.!default {
         type  plug
         slave.pcm "hdmi0" }

as your asound.rc,in it's entirety,with nothing commented out?
Or am I misreading you?

-Paul