[mythtvnz] Mythfrontend hangs hard when starting live tv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat May 17 06:41:18 BST 2014

On Sat, 17 May 2014 10:35:47 +1200, you wrote:

>On 16/05/14 16:54, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>> On 16 May 2014 08:53, Aaron Pelly <apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz> wrote:
>>> Yes. I have seen this, and adjusted it on the backend. Is it possible that
>>> due to not restarting the frontend (on another pc) I have requested an
>>> obsolete channel?
>> What version of myth are you using?
>
>ppa:mythbuntu/0.27
>I don't have a specific build number on hand, but it's within the last week at the oldest
>
>> even if liveTV can't tune on the last channel and appears to be hung,
>> you can still request another channel by simply typing the channel
>> number and validating with ENTER (or whatever you set your remote to).
>
>I will try this. I didn't bother because myth appeared totally unresponsive, and until yesterday I didn't know what channel numbers I was using. :)

There are a pack of LiveTV fixes just being backported from master to
0.27 at the moment, so it is probably better to just ignore LiveTV
problems until the fixes have been fully tested and arrive in 0.27.
Which seems likely to happen in the next week or two.

So what I would do would be to manually adjust the channel LiveTV
starts on.  This SQL command will show how things are at the moment:

  select cardinputid,cardid,sourceid,tunechan,startchan,livetvorder
from cardinput order by cardinputid;

The livetvorder field tells you which tuner will be used when you go
into LiveTV (unless it is already recording).  The lowest number there
is the first tuner used.  The startchan field tells you what channel
number will be tuned to.  So something like this command should fix
your problem:

  update cardinput set startchan=1 where livetvorder=1;

That presumes that your livetvorder field has been numbered starting
from 1 and that TV One is on channum=1.