[mythtvnz] Recordings not happening without a reboot

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:18:53 BST 2014

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:21:04 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> My MythTV woes continue.
[snip]

>> How can I start to diagnose the problem?
>
> If you look at the Upcoming Recordings list, are your recordings still
> there?  What does mythbackend.log actually show around the time of the
> a scheduled recording that did not happen?  If you shut down
> mythbackend after recordings have failed ("stop mythtv-backend"), does
> the log show anything then?  Does it shut down cleanly?  Is your

The recordings are still there and the log has nothing

Jun 19 17:55:09 gently mythbackend[1605]: I HouseKeeping
housekeeper.cpp:225 (R\
unHouseKeeping) Running housekeeping thread
Jun 19 18:00:09 gently mythbackend[1605]: I HouseKeeping
housekeeper.cpp:225 (R\
unHouseKeeping) Running housekeeping thread

Should have recorded both news programmes

> database OK - is anything reported in the daily email from the
> /etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb run?  If you are not set up to receive

That file does not exist

> those emails, try running that command manually from a root prompt or
> sudo.

> To get more relevant data logged, you should probably add the "-v
> record" option to the end of the line in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf
> that runs mythbackend.  Then do the command "restart mythtv-backend"
> (not while recording, obviously).

Hmm...  More logs!  OK

> Are all your tuners working?  Go to WatchTV, then use the M -> Source
> -> Switch Input menu to change to one multirec tuner from each of your
> physical tuners and make sure each tuner is working.

I have tested that.  No they are not.   forgot that in my original email.

> One more thing to check - is the partition with your database on it
> full?  Do you have a runaway log file?  That can may mythbackend do

No.  It is not full.

Thanks for your attention.  I have to go away for 3 days now so I'll
check the logs on my return to see if there is anything more interesting
in there.

Worik