[mythtvnz] No HDMI sound output in desktop (Mythtv ok)

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Tue Jun 17 08:16:23 BST 2014

Paulgir wrote, On 17/06/14 18:29:
> Anyway, when they sell you that 3D TV that sounds like a duck quacking
> they can also sell you that 1000W per channel digital output
> stage,sound system.(funny,they never sound like 1000W.Todays watts
> must be smaller than they used to be)

You're confusing Imperial Watts (W) with Metric Wankers (also W)

Did you know the average sound output for a 50 strong brass band is
about 5 watts?

Doesn't sound like a lot, I do remember the Woolston (?) brass band
partaking in an experiment where the subjects were in the middle of a
circle, and the band were around the outside at a distance of about 10
metres.
I can say it put the "measuring scale" for audio speakers in perspective
for me!

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/