[mythtvnz] No HDMI sound output in desktop (Mythtv ok)

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Sun Jun 15 20:34:14 BST 2014

It's been several years since I looked at my settings but in case these are
of any help here are my settings (BTW I don't know if theses are great
settings or not, they work well enough for me at the moment though)

On my server my asound.conf is simply (and I think I have sound going
through hdmi but for historic reasons there's two sets of speakers hooked
up)

pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm "hw:1,7"
       rate 48000
   }
}

My front end's asound.conf (which definitely uses HDMI) is
pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 1024
ipc_key_add_uid false