[mythtvnz] Possibly off topic - HDD recovery

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 12 10:57:56 BST 2014

On 12/06/2014 7:09 p.m., criggie wrote:

> Finally, obligatory putting the boot in for lack of backups.  You know
> every other response will contain "if its important, it should have been
> backed up"   I personally hate cloud, but this could have been a
> solution, as is proper RAID, time machine, windows backup, a pen drive,
> paper copies, any number of safety nets.  Make sure the new storage is
> really backed up for next time.

Thanks for the replies, the phrase "preaching to the converted" comes to
mind...along with thoughts of reincarnation of conversions and ones own
preachings....!!! I'll not bore the list with the series of partially
valid excuses.... Suffice to say its not a total loss, yet its still of
enough nuisance to warrant the three figure expenditure.... and no its
not a myth recording disc, however I know there will be listers in this
boat sooner or later who could be the meat in the sandwich getting some
serious pressure to fix similar....with WAF possibly the source of the
torque on the rack...!!!