[mythtvnz] Pixelation/Corrupt recordings

Aaron Pelly apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz
Mon Jul 7 01:08:50 BST 2014

On 07/07/14 11:23, Steve Hodge wrote:
> If it's not consistently happening with simultaneous recordings it's
> probably not a throughput issue. You could try recording say 6 things
> at once to test this.
You made me watch some Home and Away. Damn you!

Inconclusive results. iotop shows about 2MB/sec to two storage groups.
gnome-system-monitor shows mythbackend and mount.ntfs both ranging from
3 to 6% CPU. Both cpus running about 15-20%
some recordings OK. Some show corruption. Corrupt shows are on Sommet
and Prime. This is not always the case.

Interesting backend log entry:
11:55:39 zeus mythbackend: mythbackend[2503]: W DeviceReadBuffer
recorders/DeviceReadBuffer.cpp:555 (Poll)
DevRdB(/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend1): Poll took an unusually long time
2547 ms

Last 2000 lines of the backend log:
cat /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | tail -2000 | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7757924/

I'll investigate that log entry further.

Aaron.