[mythtvnz] Script help please

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 7 10:55:02 GMT 2014

On 7/01/2014 7:12 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> I've fixed this by
>> sudo cp /home/user1/.mythtv/config.xml /home/mythtv/.mythtv/
>> Thanks Steve et al.
>
> As an aside, there is no real need to run mythlink from cron, myth has
> an events interface, so you can run it when a recording starts or
> stops or whatever.

I'm not sure it would be good to run the script concurrently say three
times when three recordings stop at the same time (as an example)?

I suppose the script could be revised to not run when its running but I
am not sure that really gains anything extra as I see no harm in it
running every hour, acknowledging that many times it would achieve
nothing, I suppose it could also be revised to run only if there is a
change....