[mythtvnz] Editing/cutting

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:15:57 BST 2014

On 05/08/14 09:56, Robert Fisher wrote:
> I was going to suggest Openshot too. If I can use it anyone can.

OpenShot has come a long way.  It still has problems. OpenShot does a
good job of opening and editing HD video (I played with TV One news)
which is very good and much better than I found it a year ago.

The resulting clip that I transcoded into:

[tcprobe] OGG Multimedia Container
[tcprobe] summary for /tmp/Default Project.ogg, (*) = not default, 0 =
not detected
import frame size: -g 320x240 [720x576] (*)
     aspect ratio: 4:3 (*)
       frame rate: -f 29.970 [25.000] frc=4 (*)
      audio track: -a 0 [0] -e 44100,0,2 [48000,16,2] -n 0xfffe [0x2000] (*)
                   bitrate=192 kbps

played fine in vlc and totem but not with mplayer.  This could just as
easily be a problem with mplayer, though I am hesitant to admit that as
I love mplayer so....

The last time I tried OpenShot it was unusable.  It has really come a
long way very quickly.

Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
I A^2 Dub P.o.S.
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
                          Aotearoa (New Zealand)