[mythtvnz] Freeview DTT restack on 1 May

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 30 10:48:49 BST 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:36:54 +1200 (NZST), you wrote:

>On 1st May there are some changes to the Freeview DTT line up as the clear
>out the top end of the spectrum for re-use.
>
> - ​http://freeviewforum.co.nz/restack2014
> - ​http://freeviewforum.co.nz/restack2014tech
>
>Key changes in Auckland
> -   Mux 3 Kordia     - 666 MHz -> 602 Mhz
> -   Ch 16 Al Jazerra - Mediaworks -> WTV
> -   Ch 20 TVSN       - Kordia -> WTV
> -   Ch 21 Yes Shop   - Kordia -> WTV
> -   Ch 24 Te Reo     - Mediaworks -> Kordia
>
>There will likely be some SID changes associated with the switch over.
>Also Trackside is now off air on DTT.
>
>Steve

I have written myself a script to do the restack changes, and I have
extended it to cover all the locations in the table here:

http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/pdf-library/resource-library/publications/table-of-digital-television-channel-useage-57-kb-pdf

If you would like to try using it, you can download it from here:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/restack-1-May-2014.sh

It is written for my setup (Mythbuntu 12.04, MythTV 0.27) but should
work for other Ubuntu/Debian based systems and older MythTV versions.
And it should be safe to try on any Linux version as it is only
read-only unless you give it the "modify" parameter.

Please let me know if you have any problems with it.