[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 01:27:48 BST 2013

On 17/09/13 12:15, Paulgir wrote:

[snip]
> Ok ,I'll try to remember this correctly.(I do this automatically without
> thinking of the steps)
>
> In the "deleted" move the highlighted item to the top.( not an
> individual recording,but the title of the view.I think it actually says
> "deleted")
> Hit M to bring up the menu > select "add to playlist"
> Hit M to bring up the menu > select " Playlist options"
> select "Delete"

I found another post from you replying to me (sigh!)

> Alternatively, you can do what I do and delete recordings manually after
> you view them which stops the drive filling up and auto expiry won't occur.
> In "watch recordings" using the "M" key to access menu change the filter
> to "deleted",then "Add to playlist" and "Delete forever" - you can delete
> the entire contents of the "deleted" view in one go.
> Recordings go into the "Deleted" view when you use the "D" key while a
> recording is selected.

I switched to the front end.  This cannot be done on MythWeb

I changed "group filter" in the M menu selected whilst not high lighting
any programme, in "Watch Recordings" to "Deleted".

Then "Add this group to PLaylist"

I do not have a "Delete forever" option for the playlist, but a "Delete"
option.  Selecting it has no effect that I can see, except the deleted
files filtered view gets re drawn.

For each individual file there is a "Delete forever" option but it frees
up no disk space either.

I have run out of ideas...