[mythtvnz] Deleting files

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 01:15:05 BST 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:05:41 +1200, Worik Stanton
<worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/09/13 11:42, Paulgir wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:23:25 +1200, Worik Stanton
>> <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Having run out of disk space I am trying to recover some room.
>>>
>>> I delete files using mythweb but I get no improvement in my disc.
>>> Deleting an 8GB file does not free up *GB.
>>>
>>> Is myth queuing up my deletes in some way?  Can I tell it to hurry
>>> up?
>>>
>>> cheers W
>> Are you actually "deleting forever"? I change the filter to "Deleted
>> Recordings",add all to playlist then delete all. I see an immediate
>> increase in available space when I do this.
>
> Progress!
>
> I have found the "deleted files" view on mythweb.
>
> How do I "add all to playlist"?
>
> Clicking on "delete" from the deleted files view simply removes it from
> that view.  Gad knows where too...
>
> cheers
> Worik

Ok ,I'll try to remember this correctly.(I do this automatically without
thinking of the steps)

In the "deleted" move the highlighted item to the top.( not an individual
recording,but the title of the view.I think it actually says "deleted")
Hit M to bring up the menu > select "add to playlist"
Hit M to bring up the menu > select " Playlist options"
select "Delete"

Paul