[mythtvnz] Freeview DVB-T Channel Changes

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 5 04:20:43 BST 2013

> On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:46:39 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:28:29 +1200, Stephen Worthington
>> <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the heads up.  I have now run a full scan of all the
>>> channels on FreeviewHD to see what they had done.
>>>
>>> It looks like they moved "TV One plus 1" to channel 6 replacing "U",
>>> which is why they changed its PID.  "TV2+1" is channel 7, replacing
>>> the old "TV ONE plus 1".
>>>

>> Is there an easy way to make changes to the channel list that just cover
>> the two channels mentioned,or is a complete channel scan required?
>>
>> -Paul
> Having had bad experiences with scanning in the past, I usually make
> the changes manually in the database using SQL.  The MythTV devs on
> the mythtv-users mailing list recommend scanning - so maybe the
> problems I had are a thing of the past.

Ditto bad scanning experiences. However I found that doing a manual scan
of a particular transport and manually choosing which channels to add is
fairly easy to do if you're only adding a few channels. Doesn't seem to
trash other channels. Still have to tweak a few things like xmltvid's
and logo pics but you can do all this with the channel editor.