[mythtvnz] HDHomeRun issues

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Oct 12 10:08:05 BST 2013

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 21:52:27 +1300, you wrote:

>>>First problem is that I get a weird listing problem. All fine for
>>>satellite but for HomeRun terrestrial I only see the current days
>>>listings and in MythWeb  it shows the episode detail where the
>>>description should be when displaying all channels but when only
>>>displaying the listings for one, terrestrial, channel it is correct.
>>>

>>>As I say with terrestrial I see the details fine when listing only one
>>>channel. But... I can only see the details for today. When I skip
>>>forward to the terrestrial listings for any terrestrial channel, for
>>>tomorrow or the next day I only see the times of the programs and the
>>>lengths - no title, episode or description.
>>
>>You probably have EIT enabled - so you are getting now/next EIT data
>instead of the downloaded EPG.  EIT EPG data overwrites existing EPG data.
>That would only >give you a couple of hours of EPG though - not a full day.
>Run mythtv-setup, go to Video Sources and untick the Perform EIT Scan option
>for the DVB-T source.  It >defaults to on. Then run mythfilldatabase again
>(from your MythTV frontend user, not root).
>>
>>I am not sure about the Mythweb problem - that does not sound like anything
>I have encountered.
>
>I have tried to do what you what you suggest but in 0.25 I don't see a tick
>box for "Perform EIT Scan". This is what I see:
>
>http://www.zoyinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MythTVSource1.jpg
>
>Basically it doesn't seem to matter what I do I only get a days listing of
>DVB-T yet it seems to know the programs exist because in MythWeb it shows
>the times for when programs start and stop for about a week but no titles or
>descriptions. What I see in MythWeb is reflected in Myth Frontend.
>
>Any pearls of wisdom much appreciated.

You need to set up that source to use downloaded EPG, using
tv_grab_nz-py (modify it to download from epg.org.nz - the old domain
name is gone):

http://nice.net.nz/tv_grab_nz-py/

As I said, EPG on DVB-T channels in NZ is only now/next - the current
program and the next one.

You should already be using the downloaded EPG for DVB-S as it has
postprocessing done to it that makes it higher quality than the pure
EIT from DVB-S.  I believe it is actually derived from the DVT-T MHEG5
EPG.  It is also possible for you to get the MHEG5 from the DVB-T
channels directly, but again you would miss the post-processing.  Look
at the archives of this mailing list for lots of discussions about
using tv_grab_nz-py:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/