[mythtvnz] HDHomeRun issues

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Sat Oct 12 09:52:27 BST 2013

>>First problem is that I get a weird listing problem. All fine for
>>satellite but for HomeRun terrestrial I only see the current days
>>listings and in MythWeb  it shows the episode detail where the
>>description should be when displaying all channels but when only
>>displaying the listings for one, terrestrial, channel it is correct.
>>

>>As I say with terrestrial I see the details fine when listing only one
>>channel. But... I can only see the details for today. When I skip
>>forward to the terrestrial listings for any terrestrial channel, for
>>tomorrow or the next day I only see the times of the programs and the
>>lengths - no title, episode or description.
>
>You probably have EIT enabled - so you are getting now/next EIT data
instead of the downloaded EPG.  EIT EPG data overwrites existing EPG data.
That would only >give you a couple of hours of EPG though - not a full day.
Run mythtv-setup, go to Video Sources and untick the Perform EIT Scan option
for the DVB-T source.  It >defaults to on. Then run mythfilldatabase again
(from your MythTV frontend user, not root).

>I am not sure about the Mythweb problem - that does not sound like anything
I have encountered.

I have tried to do what you what you suggest but in 0.25 I don't see a tick
box for "Perform EIT Scan". This is what I see:

http://www.zoyinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MythTVSource1.jpg

Basically it doesn't seem to matter what I do I only get a days listing of
DVB-T yet it seems to know the programs exist because in MythWeb it shows
the times for when programs start and stop for about a week but no titles or
descriptions. What I see in MythWeb is reflected in Myth Frontend.

Any pearls of wisdom much appreciated.