[mythtvnz] TV and monitor on one PC. Sane?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 9 05:29:41 BST 2013

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 16:50:44 +1300, you wrote:

>Another point: the remote acts as an input device for the whole computer,
>usually these days it acts like a keyboard and sends a key to the input
>subsystem. Whatever program has focus receives the key. Open a terminal on
>your mythfrontend and see...

That depends on how you have it set up.  If you run lirc on top of the
kernel IR device (which is the recommended method), then lirc directs
the keystrokes to the correct programs.  If I open a small terminal
over mythfrontend, I can have the focus on the terminal and when I
push keys on the remote I can see mythfrontend in the background
reacting to those keys.