[mythtvnz] TV and monitor on one PC. Sane?

Duncan Kennington duncan.kennington at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 01:27:05 BST 2013

I also have tried this, with a slightly different reason.  I have the myth
box under the house with an HDMI cable up to the TV upstairs.  I attempted
to have a screen under the house to administer the machine while having the
other screen run the TV upstairs.  Things like pushing the power button,
etc. are markedly harder to get right if you don't have a screen you can
see.

Many hours were lost, it just wasn't workable.  As hads says, you can get
it to work, but there are so many frustrating annoyances that it's just not
worth it.  Picture the wife watching TV and you launch a terminal window.
 This opens over the TV window (which you can't see) and not on the monitor
window.  So you start another one, thinking it didn't load for some reason.
 And so on...

Don't do it, would be my advice.

Cheers
DK